Every parent loves seeing their little one do incredible things and the pride they feel is like no other feeling in the world. There are so many brilliant milestones in a child’s life but there is some no parent will want to miss and hopefully, they don’t but as parents work and are away from their child, it can be tough to catch everything.
Every parent loves seeing their little one do incredible things and the pride they feel is like no other feeling in the world. There are so many brilliant milestones in a child’s life but there is some no parent will want to miss and hopefully, they don’t but as parents work and are away from their child, it can be tough to catch everything. Saying that you will take joy in every milestone regardless of whether it is their first time or not and here are the best ones to look out for:
- First smile and laugh – Babies love to laugh and smile but it can seem like ages until they do it! But once they do it is worth it is weight in gold. A cute smile warms your heart and when you get the first hints of a giggle – well, you will nearly keel over in happiness.
- First step - No explanation required! The first steps are the best moments. Thank goodness for video now and you can record every beautiful moment.
- First shoe shopping - Once your youngster is trotting you will need to get them a pair of overpriced but utterly adorable shoes. Everyone will need to hear about this and though the shoes will probably get kicked off and ultimately lost within a week, they are worth it. Your kid will be delighted with their new shoes for all of five minutes so enjoy it!
- First words - Whether it is “mama” or “dada” those first few words are precious until your child grows older and uses his words for other means! But for now, enjoy the excitement of your little one beginning to chat.
- First meal - Ok, it is messy, but it is also incredibly funny and joyous watching your baby eat a little meal of mashed whatever! Remember every bit of your baby will be covered in food and it is obligatory to take a photo of them in this state and keep it for their 18th birthday party.
- First lessons - You know when you spend ages teaching your child their colours, their alphabet and their counting though you aren’t sure of what exactly is registering in their minds then you see it all coming together. You briefly ask for a “red block” and they have it in their tiny hands as proud as punch!
- First tantrum - Well, maybe you will want to miss this, but it can be hilarious when your tiny tot has their first outburst. They are so stubborn and downright silly, but tantrums are part of the parenting cycle – good luck!
- First conversation - This is when the little words they utter, link together to fill you with huge pride. You will be able to ask your kiddie something simple and they will answer you back with confidence. Note: Once they start talking, they tend to not shut up! Just saying!
Is there any more to add? What made you cry with joy? Tell us in the comments.