The feeling of being broody is an intense mixture of emotions.
There are some trademark markers that broodiness is on the horizon. Perhaps it's on it's way or perhaps you are in the midst of a particularly intense bout.
You know you are broody when....
- The baby-spam photos that usually bug the life out of you are suddenly absolutely adorable. You're liking and commenting like a mad woman. You can literally smell that delicious baby head smell through the screen.
- You used to notice hand-bags and shoes but now you find yourself on pram watch. You're perving over every travel system that comes in to your eye line. The patterns, the attachments, the under-basket that carries a week's shopping (OK you've googled them too) – it's just thrilling.
- You find yourself calculating dates based on “if I got pregnant then” questions. You've even googled the words “summer baby” and immediately deleted your search history. What has become of you?
- You've abandoned Love Island in favour of back to back One Born Every Minute episodes. Your other half is a little confused by the whole thing...
- You now want to hold people's babies. You've been in two awkward situations where the parents have had to ask for the baby back. Sure look!
- You find yourself texting, talking to and arranging plans with friends and family who have children.
- You have the name picked! You get ticked off when someone else uses YOUR baby name despite not actually being preggers yet.
- You've done a rough budget to gauge how much the “baby stuff” will cost. You've even factored in the home renovations and decorating, OK, time to bring this up at the dinner table because s*** is getting real here.