Having kids is full of surprises and means changes that you may not have expected.
- There is no need for an alarm clock- Who needs an alarm clock when a bright eyed and bushy tailed baby will cry till Mammy or Daddy are up? The most disappointing part of parenting is realising that when children sleep through the night that still means a 7am (if your lucky) start.
- Early nights are bliss- Going on wild nights out and rolling in at 3am was great fun but now the clock hitting midnight sends shivers down your spine as you frantically count the hours sleep you have till your new day begins.
- You are stronger – it’s hard to describe but you somehow find a strength that you previously didn’t have.
- Hairdressers are a luxury, in fact even having a shower is like a mini spa- There is very little time to get to the hairdressers, thank god for wet wipes and dry shampoo, these items are literally life savers.
- Make friends easier than before - Having little ones opens doors to new friendships as the little ones will just start playing together paving the way for parents to have a chat.
- You feel pain if your little one is unwell- Watching your child being sick is definitely the not so cool side to parenting. You feel every bit of their pain and anguish.
- You become more emotional – You cry at things you never would have before.
- There is no rush on having a bikini body- Having kids can change your perspective on your body. It just never seems to bounce back the same however this takes second place to more important things.
- You have constant cuddles and kisses- There is nothing more kids love than being cuddled up with their parents and you feel so loved all the time. There may be days when they have their tantrums and scream but the love you share will never deplete it is unconditional and lifelong.
- You become more knowledgeable about random stuff – reflux, types of nappies, breast pumps, freezing dinners, iron on name tags..the list is endless
So embrace the madness, enjoy the highs and battle through the lows as life with kids is hard but amazing. Enjoy X
Written by Emma, Irish mummy blogger and staff writer at www.familyfriendlyhq.ie
Check out her own blog at emmasmadjotters.com