Sleep is the most talked about topic among parents as it is so important to ensure you all have a productive following day.
A common struggle with most parents is their little one's sleep.
It’s the most talked about topic among parents and it is so important for the adults
and the children to have a productive following day.
With all the will in the world sometimes your little one may just want a cuddle in the middle of the night. That’s totally normal and fine once in a while. But how, as a routine, do we keep them in their own beds ALL night?
Website How Does She
has come up with a genius quick, easy and hopefully successful method of keeping your child in their bed until the next morning.
1. Buy an inexpensive alarm clock
2. Make little number tags out of a folded index card or cardstock for the times your child should get up from nap and in the morning and work on number recognition for those two numbers.
3. Before putting them to bed, put the number in front of the clock – so it covers up the minutes section and remind them they can only get out of bed when the number on the clock matches the number on the tag.
Kara also suggests a few tips to coincide with her method-
• Buy a very simple clock with very few buttons so they don't mess up the times, and one that works on batteries just in case they unplug it.
• Keep some books in the room for the times they wake up and they need to pass the time. Also, try and eliminate the toys in the room so they stay in bed.
• Be consistent. Every time they walk out of the room when it’s too early, walk them back into the room and show them the clock.
• A reward chart works wonders. Keep track of all the times they stay in their room without help and reward them appropriately.
Laura Doyle, Mum of 4. Kyle 9, Noa Belle 4, Briar 2 and Milla 12 months. Breastfeeder, co-sleeper, coffee drinker. Staying positive and inspired by the chaos of it all. Follow her on Instagram.