If you're travelling and planning to bring everything but the kitchen sink..check out our list before you pack.
Going away with a baby can be really fun. However it is important that the trip is planned well in advance and that you have everything with you that you need. If you are travelling on a plane, always bring an extra bag with you for babies ‘essentials’ in case your luggage goes missing. Here are the items that you need to bring with you:
For the journey:
- Nappies: Bring one nappy for every hour you'll be in transit, (plus a few extra in case of emergency). Pack extra nappies in your suitcase so that you are not rushing to buy some when you reach your destination.
- Disposable changing sheets: for when your babies nappy is being changed in public toilets or on the plane.
- Blankets: Bring a few of these as they can come in very useful. You can use them for the baby to lie on. Planes can get cold, so you might need to cover baby or yourself
- Nappy bags: These come in handy for lots of reasons. They can be used for nappies or for rubbish on the plane, used wipes etc.
- Extra bottles
- Sling: This is great instead of a buggy travelling through airports.
- Extra soothers
- Extra bibs
- 2 changes of clothes
- Formula: if you baby is on formula. Bring this on the plane with you as you don’t want to risk your bags not arriving. The brand you use may not be able to be purchased overseas.
For your stay:
- Portable cot
- Baby seat
- First Aid kit
- Teddys or sheets
- Baby’s sleeping bag
- Sheets: to make the baby’s environment smell like home.
- Sheet with childs details, insurance number, Doctors number, list of any medication that your child is allergic to.
- Sun Hat
- Removable screen shades if you are planning to travel by taxi in a hot country.
- Baby steriliser (if using)
- Collapseable stroller (depending on the age of your baby there are very light strollers on the market)
Are we missing any?
Have you entered to win our family holiday yet? Enter here