Great Ideas to Pump Up a Party
- Musical chairs: put all your chairs (you need one less chair than the number of people) in the centre of the room, nominate someone as DJ and get dancing. Every time the music stops there is a flurry of excitement as everyone tries to sit down, the person left without a perch is then ‘out’. Great for breaking the ice, just don’t break any furniture…
- Pin the tail on the donkey: you need a big picture of a donkey, a drawing pin with a ‘tail’ attached and a blindfold. Take it in turns to see who’s closest to the correct place once they’ve been spun around and can’t see anything (hen parties might fancy putting their own spin on it…)
- Welly wanging: get out into the garden and see who can hurl a welly the furthest. Good for getting some fresh air; maybe just warn the neighbours to watch out for any flying footwear. (There’s actually a Welly Wanging World Championships for anyone that shows some skill!)
- Squeak piggy squeak: one person is chosen as the ‘farmer’ and they are then blindfolded and spun around. They must find a lap to sit on and ask the ‘piggy’ to squeak. It is then a case of guessing who the piggy is using only the sound of their snort. If some of your friends don’t know each other very well, they will after this…
- Sardines: one person has to hide and everyone else has to try and find them. When they find their location they join them in their hiding place. As the game progresses the people hiding get more and more cramped like… you guessed it – sardines! Last person to find the rest is the loser. The only drawback with this is that you’ll have to do a thorough clean and tidy as your guests will be exploring every corner of your house!
- Guess who: everyone is given the name of a person or character on a small piece of paper and they then hold this on their forehead. Take it in turns to ask questions that will only yield yes or no answers. Carry on until everyone has guessed ‘who’ they are. Great for after dinner when everyone’s to full to move
- Apple bobbing: normally associated with Halloween, this can be fun all year round. The object is to stick your head into a bowl of water and grab out apples with your teeth. If you’re worried about hygiene then each contender can use their own bowl and first to get all their apples out wins. Beware - ladies should be warned to wear waterproof make-up.
Check out her blog www.mummyvstheworld.com