7 Incredible Forts You'll Want To Build With Your Kids
With the kids off for the midterm, it can be hard trying to think of ways to keep them entertained and out from under your feet. However, the break from school shouldn't be about trying to pack in their schedules with things to do.
Just like us, kids need some downtime to relax and chill, especially at this time of year when they may be feeling the pressure of exams or are being overloaded with homework and projects.
One of the best ways to help your child wind-down is to create a separate space within the home for them to really chill and/or hangout with their friends.
And a fort is a great way to create this space using materials already in your home.
If you are looking for a little fort inspiration, we have pulled the following images from Pinterest to give you an idea of what you can do when you put your mind to it.
Gone are the days of simply throwing a blanket over a couple of chairs and hoping everything stays standing.
1. Fairy dream
2. The perfect movie set-up
image via Pinterest.
3. Fairy lights definitely add to the cosy ambience
4. It's amazing what you can create with a few duvet covers, lights and cushions.
5. Now, this is the kind of fort that we can see ourselves spending an afternoon in.
6. Cutie patootie. How cosy does this little girl look?!
7. So simple but so effective.
image via Pinterest
Enjoy building your fort with the kids. And, more importantly, enjoy spending time in it!