As children are off school property this can be a worry for some parents
If your child has their school tour coming up, here are a few handy tips for the trip to make it comfortable for your child and also to ensure that it ends up a safe excursion.
- In case your child gets separated from their group it is a good idea to laminate a card with parents telephone number (put in two contact numbers), the contact number of your child’s school and the school address. Also detail any medical information about your child.
- If your little one is not used to travelling by bus then suggest that they sit up near the front and look out the front window as they may experience travel sickness.
- If they usually suffer from travel sickness – send a little sick bag with them to avoid a mess.
- No matter what the weather, it is advisable to put an all-day sun factor on your child.
- Unfortunately in Ireland it is also advisable to pack a light rain jacket.
- Talk to your child about safety when they are out - to listen to their teacher and not cross a road on their own etc.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the school tour, make enquiries with the school prior to the day of the trip.
- Ensure that all of your child’s belongings are clearly marked with their name.
- Ensure your read any notices being sent home from the school carefully.
- Arrive on time on the morning and make sure that your child has all of the appropriate clothing.
- If you have the free time, the school tour is a good opportunity to volunteer your time for the day.