There's just something about a baby bump that causes people to lose their filter.
When I was pregnant on both my children, people felt the need to say the oddest things to me.
What is it about a “lady with a baby” that causes people around them to suddenly have an onset of random word vomit?! There's just something about a baby bump that causes people to lose their filter. People can say the most unappropriated things, but these were most definitely the worst said to me.
- Were you trying?
- Wow, you get bigger every time I see you!
- Are you sure you're not having twins?
- Can’t say you’re not showing now, right?
- That’s not a football, that’s a hot air balloon!
- How will that ever come out of you? (That waiter didn’t get a tip!)
- Are you done now after this one?
- You guys don’t waste any time- do you? (There’s a three year age gap between my kids)
- You must be getting close! Any day now, eh? (I was 6 months pregnant)
- I thought your boobs would be bigger.
- It's just your hormones- it’s ok!
- How are you going to handle two?
- You're huge!
Have you any others to add?