Everyone is talking about the benefits of Coconut oil these days . It is one of the few ‘superfoods’ with an endless list of benefits
Everyone is talking about the benefits of Coconut oil these days . It is one of the few ‘superfoods’ with an endless list of benefits. Ok its not going to give you superpowers but it can improve your health, beauty regime, skin irrations and much more. We have put together our top 11 benefits.You can use coconut oil in any recipe that you would usually use vegetable oil, butter, or margarine.
- It can raise your good cholesterol. Coconut oil contains saturated fats, but the good ones.
- It can strengthen your immune system
- It helps your body absorb calcium & magnesium
- It is a great makeup (and eye makeup) remover, and doesn’t damage your skin. Simply rub the oil on your face — and wipe off with a soft cloth. Your skin will be clean as a whistle and well hydrated. Rub the oil on your face overnight to improve the moisture and lipid content of the skin.
- It can also be used as a moisturiser, It is gentle, full of fatty acids, however it soaks into your skin fairly quickly, so it doesn’t leave sheen on your face and can be worn under makeup
- To get rid of persistent cradle cap, you can massage a generous amount of coconut oil on baby’s head, let it on for a few minutes, then rinse with a warm cloth.
- It is also fantastic for nappy rash. However it is recommended not to use on babies under 1 year old. Most people say that it is gentle enough for the most painful rashes, and heals them faster than anything else.
- Frizzy hair? Coconut oil can also make a great hair tamer. Use a tiny amount of oil on your hair to manage that frizz. For more intensive moisturiser place on hair and cover with a shower cap for several hours. It can also help with split ends.
- Rub the oil on your face overnight to improve the moisture and lipid content of the skin
- Nursing mothers can increase their milk supply and nutrients by taking 4 tablespoons a day. It can also soothe nursing nipples.
- To help sooth the itch of chicken pox or poison ivy