As a mum of four, I like things that make my life as easy as possible. Scratch that I NEED things that make my life as easy as possible. There are a wealth of clever ‘beauty hacks’ to be discovered, many of them right in your bathroom, kitchen or make-up bag!
As a mum of four, I like things that make my life as easy as possible. Scratch that I NEED things that make my life as easy as possible.
There are a wealth of clever ‘beauty hacks’ to be discovered, many of them right in your bathroom, kitchen or make-up bag!
Here is a list of natural ingredients with multi-purposes that you need to try.
Hands down, petroleum jelly is the best beauty hack
out there. There are literally hundreds of things you can do with it.
- Eye make-up remover.
- Eyelash conditioner.
- Helps with eyelash growth (pop some on just before bed).
- Lip gloss.
- Rub on split ends between haircuts.
- Mix with your lipstick for a softer blush.
- Rub on your teeth before putting your lipstick on for no lipstick stains on your teeth.
- Place on your wrists before spraying perfume to make your perfume last longer!
- Massage on to dry patches on your skin for instant hydration.
Much like Vaseline, coconut oil
has hundreds of uses. It works just as hard outside the kitchen as it does in the kitchen.
- Use coconut oil to shave with for super silky legs.
- Rub it on your cuticles and nails to strengthen them.
- Use it to treat eczema breakouts for all ages.
- Use it as a lip-gloss.
- Use it on cuts and grazes-it has antibacterial properties.
The acid content in certain fruits (like lemons), making them perfect for some beauty hacks.
- Went a bit heavy on the tan? Cut a lemon in half and rub it on your elbows or knees to get rid of excess tan or discolouration.
- Mix lemon juice with equal parts water and use as a toner. It can also reduce the appearance of age spots.
- Use apple topically to treat acne.
- Mash up a strawberry for a natural teeth whitener.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has become increasingly popular over the last number of years and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. It is considered a health miracle by most, but it has plenty of beauty benefits
- It prevents dandruff. If you suffer from dandruff rinse your hair with it after shampooing, it also stops shampoo build up.
- It can be used as a skin toner and to treat acne.
- It can get rid of skin tags, warts and verruca. Dab some on and cover tightly with a plaster. Repeat for two weeks. It can sting, and you may smell like vinegar for a fortnight, but it really works!
- Apply to dark spots on the face to correct hyperpigmentation.